Skip to main content

Notifications

Calling Actions from Copilot Studio
Answered

how to set up dataverse table search in Power Automate

Posted on by 33

I want to use chatbot to read a Dataverse table and filter the table using prompts/questions from users. 

Below is the PowerAppSearchFlow I have built using online tutorial. In the table filter, I used the table name from Power App. However, I got an error: 

//"code": "SearchableEntityNotFound",
//"message": "No entities were found to be searchable. Please make sure that you have at least one entity selected.
That seems to suggest the API connection does work. However, I have enabled Dataverse search in Power Platform admin center. I'm using free trial license of Power APP, Power Automate and Copilot Studio. 
As a test, I have changed the action from Search Rows to List Rows. The List Rows action should combine all rows and return a text string. This time the flow succeeds, but I only got a string of row headers in the chatbot. Real data rows are not parsed.
Thanks for help. @Agnius@remidyon 

search rows in dataverse table.PNG

Jeanxyz_0-1709588223970.png

• adilei Profile Picture
    adilei on at
    Re: how to set up dataverse table search in Power Automate

Hey @Jeanxyz ! thanks for reminding me. Hopefully will have something to share by mid next week.

• Jeanxyz Profile Picture
    Jeanxyz 33 on at

Hi @adilei , do you have any news on the idea above? Needless to say, if this idea works, it's going to change the way human beings consume tables, we can also add more actions (e.g. sending invoice chasing emails) based on the filtered table. 

• adilei Profile Picture
    adilei on at

Then you shouldn't rely on search. You would probably need to convert a natural language query to fetchXML.

I'll try to post the steps for this pattern in a few days. Try to remind me if I forget tagging you?

Jeanxyz 33 on at

I would like to create a chatbot which can read dataverse table and return a filtered table, e.g.,

user question: tell me details about invoices from customer Microsoft. 

chatbot response: a filtered dataverse table based on customer name search.

D_customerD_invoice idD_invoice dateD_open amountD_overdue amount
    MicrosoftI1004531110001000
    MicrosoftI2004531120002000
  • adilei Profile Picture
    adilei on at

What functionality do you have in mind? Answering questions: e.g. how do I fix my espresso machine? or responding to analytical queries, e.g. show me unpaid invoices?

Jeanxyz 33 on at

Thanks a lot. That works! Now I need to find a way to export Dataverse search results to the chatbot. I'm struggling with GPT prompt - key word extract and write Dataverse search results to an output table. 

Below is the tutorial I'm trying to follow.

//https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/chat-your-data-using-only-power-platform-r%25C3%25A9mi-dyon/?trackingId=YNCw81N4SIK5PV79pQiSOw%3D%3D

• Verified answer
    adilei Profile Picture
    adilei on at

Does the table have "appear in search results" checked?

adilei_0-1709622783049.png

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

renatoromao Profile Picture

renatoromao 6,459

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 1,990

Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Expiscornovus 1,700

Leaderboard

Featured topics