Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / General / Place whole conversati...
General
Unanswered

Place whole conversation in a variable

Posted on by 2

Hi all,

I was hoping to put the whole conversation that i have had since starting the bot conversation in a variable and be able to pass the whole conversation to power automate.

This is just for a hobby project. No business need.

I was trying to use the openAI connector in power automate and trigger it on a fallback topic in a power virtual agent. 

This works, but the openAI connector does not give contextual answers now as only the last question is past to the connector.

Apparently i if would pass the whole conversation to the connector the context of the conversation would work, so was hoping to be able to do just that.

Any hints ?

thx

Bart

• Derrick2 Profile Picture
    Derrick2 32 on at
    Re: Place whole conversation in a variable

So, is it possible to have access to the conversation at run time? I also need to be able to do this for two reasons:
    1.) Live agent handoff so they know what has occurred without having to have the user restate things.

2.) Creating a ticket in our ticketing system and including the conversation as work notes to lessen the need for contacting the user after once a ticket has been submitted.

• bartm Profile Picture
    bartm 2 on at

The idea here was indeed real-time, as i need to pass the whole conversation back to OpenAI to have conversation context for it's answers.

Currently i have tried to just put the whole conversation in a sharepoint list, read that list and add it to the data i feed the OpenAI connector. To make sure it's not too big i have the SP list cleaned again based on date change, but that's a dirty workaround 😄

• Expiscornovus Profile Picture
    Expiscornovus 1,700 on at

Hi @HenryJammes,

You might be right that in this instance real-time is actually a requirement. I let @bartm either confirm or deny, who asked the question 😁

• HenryJammes Profile Picture
    HenryJammes on at

@Expiscornovus I see - sorry I thought this was a requirement to have the transcript available at run time, for example in the context of a hand off to a live agent or as part of the conversation flow.

Yes - if the need is to have access to the transcript later, then it's definitely the way to go 🙂

Hi @HenryJammes,

I am aware of that limitation, thanks for the heads-up 😀.

Imo it could still be interesting to explore the Dataverse approach (with for example a delay action within your Power Automate cloud flow which is set to at least 6 hours).

I know it is not real-time but I can imagine you could still have interesting use cases. Like sending an email after the conversation with suggested answers for the questions or sentiment analysis of the whole conversation with AI. You can probably also use pro-active messages for this in the context of the PVA once the OpenAI connector stuff gets processed.

And like @bartm says, it is a hobby project. I don't know if the real-time feedback/response is a requirement in this specific OpenAI connector instance?

It would be interesting to see how OpenAI handles the conversation content. I will definitely test a couple of things with it 😁

• HenryJammes Profile Picture
    HenryJammes on at

@Expiscornovus Conversation Transcript records in Dataverse get created approximately 6 hours after the conversation, so the content isn't available at runtime. 

Hi @peterswimm,

It might be possible to get the conversation from the Content column in the ConversationTranscript table in Dataverse.

That will be in json format, so it might require some extracting and reformatting to be usable though.

• peterswimm Profile Picture
    peterswimm on at

The whole conversation is tricky; you might just want to use a bot framework bot to collect the conversation and send it to opengpt, and then call the appropriate PVA conversation as a skill.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

renatoromao Profile Picture

renatoromao 6,459

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 1,995

Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Expiscornovus 1,700

Leaderboard