Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / General / How to get PVA data in...
General
Answered

How to get PVA data in Power BI?

Posted on by 681

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone managed to get all the data from PVA to Power BI after the new releases.

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Fernando

• cpayton Profile Picture
    cpayton 46 on at
    Re: How to get PVA data in Power BI?

Which part of the data? I was working on a query to get the user question/response messages out of the Dataverse transcript table (from the JSON) last week. I can post the PQ text for that if it helps?

edit: I just realized the message history is already in the file Henry shared... 🙂

• HenryJammes Profile Picture
    HenryJammes on at

Thanks @fernandosilva 

For Billing Sessions, as the definition is quite complex, we avoided going down that path in custom analytics. The good news is that billing information will start getting surfaced in the Power Platform Admin Center soon for your inventory of bots in your tenant: View billing and usage details in the Power Platform admin center | Microsoft Learn

• fernandosilva Profile Picture
    fernandosilva 681 on at

Hi Henry,

The analytics they way it is provides a lot of insights, but there is always room for improvements of course.

Custom analytics:

- One of the great options on the custom analytics is the visualisation of the transcripts, which makes us understand what the users are asking and how the bot is behaving. With that in mind, we adjust our topics accordingly to deliver the right answer to the users.

- Also, on the custom analytics, would be great to see the Billed sessions. Seeing the total billed sessions would allow us to draw all the lines between total session, total billed, total engaged, etc. Also, good for monitoring monthly allowances.

PVA analytics:

The transcripts option would be a great feature if implemented inside the PVA Analytics dashboard.

I already posted on the ideas page.

Thanks @HenryJammes ,

Fernando

• HenryJammes Profile Picture
    HenryJammes on at

I'd love to hear your feedback and what you're looking for, in bot analytics.

I've started working on a V2 of the sample as I think we can simplify it to make it easier to understand and extend for our customers.

• fernandosilva Profile Picture
    fernandosilva 681 on at

Hi @HenryJammes ,

Thank you for you quick response.

I will try from the new updates and let you know.

Thank you,

Fernando

• Verified answer
    HenryJammes Profile Picture
    HenryJammes on at

Hi @fernandosilva 

Have you tried the custom analytics sample? We fixed a couple of issues and updated the report template for the new conversation transcript format: aka.ms/CopilotStudioSamples/CustomAnalytics

You can learn more about your options here: Use custom analytics reports - Microsoft Copilot Studio | Microsoft Learn

Henry

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

renatoromao Profile Picture

renatoromao 6,459

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 1,990

Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Expiscornovus 1,700

Leaderboard